Sautéed kale and shitake mushrooms. Just a simple and healthy recipe that's quick and easy to put together.
- 1 bunch of kale with stem removed
- 1/2 cup of baby shitake mushrooms
- 1 green onion coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free tamari or coconut aminos (for a soy free and gluten free version)
- Juice from half a lemon
Remove the stem from your kale. Save your stem, it could be juiced or used in another recipe that calls for crunchy chopped kale.
Tear the leaves into bite size pieces.
Next, using a saute pan, turn the heat to medium high. When your pan gets hot add your olive oil and shitake mushrooms and saute for a minute until the mushrooms start to soften. Turn down the heat to medium low and add your kale and green onions and tamari sauce or coconut aminos. Saute for another minute or 2 until the leaves become softer and darker in color but not soggy. When it's done, squeeze the juice from half a lemon over your lunch and serve warm.